The best thing about these cookies is that cooked right, the outside is crisp and the rest is chewy. Add a touch of lemon zest or lemon flavour (2-3 drops) and they are magnificent. You can also add Raisins if you like.
3/4 Cup soft butter
3/4 Cup white sugar
3/4 Cup Packed Light or Dark brown sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/4 Cups of Flour (Gluten Free or Regular)
1 Tsp Baking Soda
3/4 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Salt
2 3/4 Cups of Rolled Oats
(1 Cup Raisins if wanted)
Make ’em Bake ’em
1. Heat the oven to 375 / 190C
2. Get a big bowl – this is a lot of dough
3. Cream Butter, White and Brown Sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla and make it nice an fluffy.
4. Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Gradually beat this in until well mixed. Now stir in the Oats (and raisins)
5. If baking Gluten free leave this batter now for about 20 minutes.
6. Put teaspoon blobs on to lightly greased old cookie sheets or un-greased good sheets… I have both.
7. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, the edges will suddenly go brown and that’s the point to take them out.
8. Let them cool for a bit and then move them to a wire rack to cool off completely.