Chewy Lemony Cookies
These are quite simply the most amazing thing ever. With a cup of tea… oh man forget about it….
2 3/4 Cups Gluten Free or Regular Flour
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Cup of Soft Butter
1 1/2 Cups of White Sugar
The Zest of a Large Lemon
4 TBsp of Lemon juice
1/2 Cup of white sugar or light brown demerara sugar for rolling the cookies in.
1. Preheat the oven to 350/190C. Lightly grease your old cookie sheets or don’t with your new ones…
2. In your bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until it’s combined then beat int he egg, vanilla, lemon juice and zest.
3. Add in the Flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix until combined… not much more.
4. Refrigerate this dough for half and hour or so to firm it up for rolling.
5. Make small balls with the dough (about 1 Inch around) and then roll the ball in the sugar. Once coated place on the baking sheet. These cookies spread when cooking so leave room around them.
6. Bake for about 8 minutes. They will be golden when ready but still a little pale.
7. Let them stand on the sheets for another 8-10 minutes before putting them on a rack to cool completely. They will be chewy and soft for days.
This comes from http://www.patentandthepantry.com/2010/12/05/chewy-lemon-cookies/ who has some truly amazing foodstuffs and who took it from from MyBakingAddiction.com